As organizations adapt digital in full swing, testing and quality assurance plays a pivotal role. Assurance of flawless system performances in customer experience has now become a mandate. Digital assurance is no more limited to testing applications across SMAC (Social, Mobile, Analytics and Cloud); customer experience assurance is equally critical.
Download Free E-Book: Role of QA in Digital Transformation
Today companies are facing two main challenges – staying at par with all the modern technologies and to rendering high quality customer experience. Delivering standard quality applications which are highly stable and change the way customers interact with the digital arena have become must-have for companies. Quality assurance aids organizations in dealing with these challenges, and provide a seamless experience to their customers. But we aren’t talking about your everyday QA here. Assurance services now need to be in sync with digital behaviors and touch points of your customers. This will help enterprises introduce value into the entire customer chain.
Video: Role of QA and Testing in Digital Transformation Journey
Let’s understand a few ways in which QA must change so as to keep up with the digital landscape.
- Customers nowadays use multiple touch points for transactions and therefore organizations must focus especially on making a stable atmosphere which can satisfy all the personal needs of a customer. From the perspective of digital assurance, the company must measure the user interaction across all the digital platforms such as web, mobile and other devices like tablets, Smart TVs, etc. So it is highly important to test the usability and user experience of these devices as most of the time, these would be the first customer touch points
- As a result of the digital transformation there is an increased risk of cyber-crimes and cyber-attacks. It becomes really important for users to protect all their assets and resources in the new digital landscape. So it is important to protect the user by doing proper security and compliance testing. It is a good practice and some place it is mandatory to publish/flash the risk, if any, to user before they get into any particular digital application. You can see more on answering that here.
- The main goal of the organization should be to make sure that all the channels of interactions offer a stable experience. Both the physical channels such as stores and digital channels such as phones and wearable should be able to provide the customer with connected and consistent set of features. Hence the performance plays major role over here.Read more: Performance Testing Challenges
- Organizations should provide a digital assurance platform (Production like environment) in order to full-fill the critical role of QA during digital transformation. This platform should provide a set of assets and other reusable enablers which can be used to improve the efficiency of testing processes and quality assurance. The digital assurance platform must be able to cover all the digital value chains, which should begin with the content creation which is followed by development, manufacturing, marketing, distribution and delivery.
- QA should be able to prepare high quality frameworks around security, privacy and data integrity and should be a part of the open source platforms which are available.
- Without right QA strategy, the investments made in the IT infrastructure, tools and other resources cannot take organizations too far. In order to increase the customer experience and user satisfaction, QA organization must offer them reliable products and services. QA team must step up to integrated testing of embedded software and devices as well as IT solutions and should be able to move beyond the traditional functional testing.
Nowadays companies have gone past the age where they wait for 18 to 20 months before releasing an update. Today, companies must release product updates constantly and keep it up to date with new features. This takes things to a whole new level as this keeps them on their toes at all times. In digital era, the time line would be further reduced. So it is important to the organization to adopt QA strategy which accommodate the rapid changes. We are happy to help @gomadeindia
Download Free E-Book: DevTestOps – The Role of Testing in DevOps and Agile
Organizations’ QA and testing services must improve and adapt to the ever changing digital transformation journey in order to be effective and spot on. In order to have all the characteristics and behavior of an ideal organization, you must focus on, and maintain, the quality of all the digital complex product implementations. You should also include services and support to multiple platforms, services and applications while keeping in mind the external conditions that might affect the customer life-cycle. QA and testing should be involved in the overall SDLC. This practice increases the application usage of all modern technologies and makes value chain automatic.